Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence/CUPC and Webex integration

Hi, im trying to make the Cisco  Unified Presence and Webex Integration, i'm using CUPS 8.6 and Personal  Communicator 8.5, i made the procedure described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgappendixB.html#wp1099846

in  the Personal Communicator the conferencing server status appears ok,  when  i try to start a meeting, the web page of my webex account  automatically start but in the meeting loading procedure appears a  message that says: "you cannot join the meeting, the meeting number you  typed is incorrect; error: 5039"

if i go to check the meetings in my webex account, the meeting is programmed correctly, but when i try to start it, get the same error.

im using the partner ID and site ID of my webex account.

Any idea?

Thanks

UPDATE: i solve the problem, i just installed a older version of CUPC, the 8.3.1, the 8.3.5 was the version that presented problems.

4 Replies 4

bastienbertout
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I meet the exact same problem with CUPC 8.5.4.

Did you opened a case to Cisco TAC ?

Is there any update not forcing us to downgrade to an old 8.3.1 version ?

Thanx

Hi

No, i didnt open a case on Cisco Tac, but when the problem was unsolved i called to CIsco webex numbers for technical support but they were unable to help me.

i dont know if there is any option to solve this issue without downgrading the CUPC.

I had my implemententation in a Lab enviornment then it was no problem regarding to downgrade and show to some clients the things working... i hope that Cisco solve this issue in future CUPC versions.

Hi,

Thanx for your answer. We just found that the problem came from special french characters generated in the webex meeting subject name by CUPC.

Example :  "Bonemine T�l�conf�rence"

If I change the language on my PC so that CUPC turns to english, there is no more problem.

We opened a case to the TAC and are waiting for a workaround or a special release.

Regards,

Bastien.

For information, we meet defect CSCtl74451 which should be resolved in CUPC 8.5.5.

CUPC 8.5.5 should be release in December.

Regards,

Bastien.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: