cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with Unity 4.0.5 & CCME

jeff.roback
Level 1
Level 1

I've been having an odd problem with CCME and Unity 4.0.5. Since upgrading my 2821 router to 12.4(5) I've started having two problems with the Unity integration:

1) The messages button on the phone doesn't return callers to their mailbox, only to the top menu.

2) Incoming voicemails show the wrong number for "message from xxxxx".

Nothing has changed on the Unity side, or on the CCME IOS side, just the router upgrade.

Has anyone else seen similar behavior?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like those two things are related. Do you have the CME config? And could you then go to an extension, say 1234 and on Unity launch the call viewer tool and see what it shows up as (the calling number) when you press the messages button)?

Knowing what it's translating may make it easier to narrow down the issue.

Also, what TSP are you using on the Unity side?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like those two things are related. Do you have the CME config? And could you then go to an extension, say 1234 and on Unity launch the call viewer tool and see what it shows up as (the calling number) when you press the messages button)?

Knowing what it's translating may make it easier to narrow down the issue.

Also, what TSP are you using on the Unity side?

The call viewer tool made it clear, thanks!

From extension 7605, the messages button appears as calling from '5067'.I downgraded the router back to 12.4(3)a, and it started working immediately again. Now calling from shows '7605'.

(FYI, I saw this same behavior with both TSP 8.0.2 and 8.1.1)

So I guess it's a bug in the CME in the 12.4(5) IOS.... Very strange.