cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS Lync

dbrill001
Level 1
Level 1

I have about 20 Cisco SG500s 5-SG300s, and 2-Catalyst 3560 X series devices. I have put QoS policy for the windows machines. I have set the Lync server to tell the CX600 Polycom phones to use DSCP 46. I have not done anything with the Cisco equipment. The phone traffic is mixed in with the data traffic.I have taken a wire shark snap shot and I see the traffic seems to be tagged.

I am having call quality issues. I see some jitter, Packet loss, the round trip is a high value at times plus I have seen the Network MOS degradation high. I assume I have a bandwidth issue. I am not sure where at this point. Call quality issues happen with calls between internal users and calls with external vendors. I am looking for the proof of where the issue is.

Should I create a voice vlan?

Should I have QoS configured on the Cisco equipment if which ones?

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This could be a million things, but the lack of a complete QoS policy can cause these issues.

To answer your other question - yes, QoS should be configured on everything between all VoIP devices.

I finally got a server stood up to monitor our bandwidth and every time we max out the internet we have phone issues so I am moving it all to dedicated SIP trunks which is what it should have been.