cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Querying license pool information

mike.giles
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to programmatically retrieve the license usage for each Unity server in the license pool? I see there is an ASP page which shows the pool's overall usage and license count. I can parse that which is nice. But, I'd like to be able to query how many licenses each unity server is using from the pool. Thanks!

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This doesn't get unpacked anywhere accessible in the DB for Unity like Connection has - the only way I know how to go about this in Unity is to total up your own counts via DB queries - there's only 3 seat-based license counts you need to deal with - total users (count of vw_subscriber table) and the number of users assigned to a COS that allows either Unified messaging access or access to the Unity inbox.

Unified messaging access in the COS is the "AccessUm" flag being set to true.

The Unity Inbox access in the COS is the "AccessVmi" flag being set to true.

When I query the row count of the vw_suscriber table, i get a count that is different than what is

shown in the license tool. The number of subscribers returned from the

SQL query is greater by three. Is there a type of subscriber here that the license tool is ignoring?

Check the subscriberType column - looking at the data dictionary in CUDLE you'll see there are 8 different values possible in here - full subscribers (i.e. licensed users) are type 1 (Exchange) or type 3(Domino) - the rest are unlicensed contacts, routing users, bridge/vpim etc... users - those are all excluded.

So it sounds like I really need to change my query so that it specifies a count where subscriberType is either a value of 1 or 3.