Views
Helpful
Replies

Question Regarding CUCM Upgrade

bholashrestha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Just have a small question regarding CUCM upgrade. We are planning to go from 9.1 to 11.5.

One of the upgrade step is changing the Red hat version to 6 and the Network adapter to VMXNET. My question is can this be done after the upgrade is completed?

Assuming that it needs to be done before the upgrade, what happens if the upgrade fails/ or have chosen not to switch the version during upgrade steps? Call manager will boot on existing version (i.e. 9.1.2) which will have now the incorrect RHEL and network adapter?

This is a bit confusing for me. it would be great if someone could advise. 

Regards

BS

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ideally, you want to do the changes before the upgrade, upgrade and switch, all in one go, and that's what the upgrade instructions assume you will do.

There is no problem if you do it after the upgrade, just make sure to do it right after you have finished the upgrade so you use the proper OS and NIC.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for your response. That's really helpful. One more question if I may.

We are upgrading a cluster of 7 servers but have come across with a bug related to a locale. Tac suggested to install the new local with same major and minor version. Our plan is to install local file on all server (cluster reboot) on weekend and also change the RHEL and NIC on the same weekend. Next weekend we will proceed with the upgrade (this is basically to save some time for the upgrade weekend).

My question is can we leave CUCM version 9.1 running on RHEL 6 with VMXNET NIC for one week? This is exactly opposite to my previous question.

Response would be much appreciated.

Cheers

BS

You should not have problems, but again, instructions assume you will do the whole procedure in one go.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate