Views
Helpful
Replies

"The System will now halt" error in CUCM 11.5

linlinoo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Could you please explain and how can i solve this error? Now, i am facing " the system will now halt" error in CUCM 11.5 installation. This is new installation and CUCM can connect to NTP server (my laptop). But, i am facing this error. What is the main problem  and how can i solve? I have attached error as well.

11 Replies 11

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is this the first node?

Can you attach install logs from the server.

even though it does not look like an issue with NTP at this point but Windows NTP is not supported by CUCM in case you are running windows on your laptop.

Use the link below to dump the install logs to Serial Port.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unity-connection/116577-technote-UC-00.html

JB

Hi Jitender, Thanks. Yes, this is the first node installation. I can't open my log installation file. Could you please check and advise me. Thank you.

Hi, it looks like the file is no good, did you follow the link i gave on the top to dump logs. JB

Hi Jiterder,

Could you please check it out again. Thanks.

its still the same, check the below link and remove and remap to see if it helps.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/How_to_Dump_Install_Logs_to_the_Serial_Port_of_the_Virtual_Machine

JB

Hi Jitender,

At this time, i can open and check it out. Could you please review and advise me for this error. Thanks.

Can you tell me below, the passwords you are using while setting up CUCM do they

Any special character.

what is the length of the passwords.

JB

Hi JB,

Password is C1sc0123. The password length is related with this error ?

california
Level 1
Level 1

i have seen this error before and it was one of 2 things.  ios image file was bad or the configuration for VM machine is incorrect (for example, not enought CPU's and/or RAM)

Actually, i set up VM machine with 2 vCPU, 8 GB memory, Linux Redhat 64 bit, ESXI 5.5. Is it enough for CUCM 11.5 ?

Hi,

So i was suspecting a BUG but does not looks like we are hitting it. It would be great if you can try another media for installation. Also if you have used OVA file to deploy VM there should not be any issue, if you have not make sure you do so, otherwise you will end up with unsupported configuration.

JB