Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove IMP Publisher from cluster

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

HI,

We had a test IMP Publisher Server installed into our cluster which I want to remove.I tried to delete the server but it keeps saying to remove it from the Presence redundancy group.Trouble is I can't remove it from there .Anyone come across this before?

CUCM 10.5(2)SU1 /  IMP 10.5(2)

Thanks

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mark,

Please check the link

1 Power down all the IM and Presence Service subscriber nodes.

2 Delete the subscriber nodes as follows:

a Unassign all users that are assigned to each of the IM and Presence Service subscriber nodes. (Select

Cisco Unified CM Administration > User Management > Assign Presence Users).

b Remove the subscriber nodes from their presence redundancy groups. (Select Cisco Unified CM Administration > System > Presence Redundancy Groups).

c Delete the subscriber nodes from the Cisco Unified Communications Manager server list. (Select Cisco Unified CM Administration > System > Server).

3 Power down the IM and Presence Service database publisher node.

4 Delete the IM and Presence Service database publisher node as follows:

a Unassign the users that are assigned to the IM and Presence Service database publisher node. (Select Cisco Unified CM Administration > User Management > Assign Presence Users).

b Remove the node from the presence redundancy group. (Select Cisco Unified CM Administration >System > Presence Redundancy Groups).

c Delete the IM and Presence Service database publisher node from the Cisco Unified Communications Manager server list. (Select

Cisco Unified CM Administration > System > Server

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_I95AD2FE_00_installing-cucm-100.pdf

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mark,

Please check the link

1 Power down all the IM and Presence Service subscriber nodes.

2 Delete the subscriber nodes as follows:

a Unassign all users that are assigned to each of the IM and Presence Service subscriber nodes. (Select

Cisco Unified CM Administration > User Management > Assign Presence Users).

b Remove the subscriber nodes from their presence redundancy groups. (Select Cisco Unified CM Administration > System > Presence Redundancy Groups).

c Delete the subscriber nodes from the Cisco Unified Communications Manager server list. (Select Cisco Unified CM Administration > System > Server).

3 Power down the IM and Presence Service database publisher node.

4 Delete the IM and Presence Service database publisher node as follows:

a Unassign the users that are assigned to the IM and Presence Service database publisher node. (Select Cisco Unified CM Administration > User Management > Assign Presence Users).

b Remove the node from the presence redundancy group. (Select Cisco Unified CM Administration >System > Presence Redundancy Groups).

c Delete the IM and Presence Service database publisher node from the Cisco Unified Communications Manager server list. (Select

Cisco Unified CM Administration > System > Server

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_I95AD2FE_00_installing-cucm-100.pdf

regds,

aman

Hi, Aman,

Thanks for your info, if my IMP publisher is dead, and can not delete it from Presence Redundancy Groups, how can I do ?

Marco

Hi Marco,

I suppose u won't be able to do so.

I came across the issue  when I was trying to do changes in IMP Second Node when IMP First Node was down.

Update Failed: No Update permission for ucsystemcfg

Update Failed: No Update permission for uccmcipprofile

regds,

aman

Hi, Aman,

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I didn't have IMP subscriber on this site but only DRS, and I try to re-install new one but always get error because I can not delete old one from CUCM, reinstall all cluster is a way, I just want to know better solution for this, thanks anyway.

Marco

Hi Martin,

I tried deleting IMP first node from Presence Redundancy Group when it was working and was able to delete.

Further, I also added Presence from CUCM--Presence Redundancy Group successfully when IMP was powered on.

Same process I followed for adding and deleting IMP first node when IMP was powered off.

What is error u get?

regds,

aman

In my case have to remove the IMP server from bulk administration User Template first, which wasn't shown in dependency record