cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing PDL All Subscribers from Dial-By-Name ?

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Is there a way to remove a PDL from the dial-by-name feature?

Have a issue where client doesn't use the All Subscribers list but every now and then users are forwarding messages to it by accident and the messages are confidental type.

Have removed users from the PDL but would like it to be available for dial-by-extension but not show up in dial-by-name lookup. Have changed name from All Subscribers to ZZZ to make it harder to hit but...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

On the Class of Service section of the SA on the "Messages" page there's a checkbox that says "Subscribers can send messages to public distribution lists" - if you uncheck this all subscribers associated with that COS will not be able to address messages to any public distribution lists at all.

Yes, you can change the default addressing scheme for users on the Conversation page - there's a "Message Addressing" section on that page and you can select spelling by first/last or spelling by last/first or by Id. This is a per user setting however you can change it using BulkEdit if you need to get lots of users covered quickly.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So people are really accidentially spelling "ZZZ" when addressing messages? Really? That's pretty suprising...

No, you can't take specific call handlers that are available to folks via extension and not make them available by name. You can exclude users from addressing to _any_ PDL (i.e. folks that are having difficulty avoiding the common "ZZZ" sequence for instance) but you can't selectively remove PDLs from some folks and not others. The best I can suggest is to name the PDL something even more whacky that will help users avoid them (and not notice the fact that it says "all subscribers" when the destination is added to their message).

I'm sorry, The PDL Name used to be "All Subscribers" but we changed it to "ZZZ" to hopefully avoid this.

How do we exclude users from addressing to a PDL? I can remove users from the PDL but am not familiar with restricting users from sending to a PDL.

Is there a way to change forward option to use Dial-By-Extension by default?

On the Class of Service section of the SA on the "Messages" page there's a checkbox that says "Subscribers can send messages to public distribution lists" - if you uncheck this all subscribers associated with that COS will not be able to address messages to any public distribution lists at all.

Yes, you can change the default addressing scheme for users on the Conversation page - there's a "Message Addressing" section on that page and you can select spelling by first/last or spelling by last/first or by Id. This is a per user setting however you can change it using BulkEdit if you need to get lots of users covered quickly.

Thanks Jeff!