cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing drive on CUC 8.6.2

tony.adkins
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity Connections cluster of a Pub and 1 Sub running version 8.6.2 on a 7845H2 servers.  I have a failed drive on the Subscriber (See screen shot below).   If I am not mistaken this model server offer Hot Swappable drives.  I cannot locate any documentation, on Cisco or anywhere else, on swapping out just one failed drive.  The upgrade guide for CUC covers swapping out "drives" which requires reloading the CUC software, but nothing indicating swapping out just one failed drive.  I would think this drive could just be swapped out and then mirrored.  Any assistance and or documentation would be highly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

tony.adkins
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason my screen shot didn't attach so I am trying again.

tony.adkins
Level 1
Level 1

Here is Cisco TAC's responce......

"In regards to the drive replacement procedure, this model (7845-H2) is fully hot-swappable. This means you can simply pull the bad drive out of the system, insert the new one, and the controller will detect the new drive and rebuild the array. The rebuild will run in the background and will take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to complete. After that, you can check the status by running a ‘show hardware’ command from the CLI to see array status."