Views
Helpful
Replies

Restarting ELM Client Service on Publisher

philmartin79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a cluster of 2 CUCM v10.5.2.10000-5, Pub and Sub. I can no longer access the ELM on the PUB. I can get to the ELM login page and enter the username and password which are correct. The page acts as if it is starting to log me in but it just spins.

If I restarted the ELM Client Service would this affect service? Would it help at all? Or is it not related to this issue?

Thanks

Phil

6 Replies 6

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Which browser  u are using?

Did u try changing the browser?

Was this working earlier? u can try restarting the ELM client service?

regds,

aman

there is a bug related to ELM GUI.In your case,would be PLM

you can refer the discusion.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12002491/elm-web-interface-missing-menus

regds,

aman

I'm using IE 11 so I dont think it is a browser issue unless that browser, as well as Firefox that I have tried and you mention not working well with ELM, also doesnt work with ELM!

If I restarted the ELM server would that cause any outages?

No, ELM is used only periodically by CUCM/Unity.  It's only used as a license manager so at most your VMs would go into a temporary non-compliance/demo mode and that wouldn't affect anything for the 20 minutes you might spend waiting for it to come back up.

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

I've noticed that Firefox and ELM don't mix for some reason.  I always had to use either IE or Chrome to get in.  If you recently changed browsers this may be the problem as Amon was hinting at in his post.

rperez1976
Level 1
Level 1
Hi team!! Im facing with these problem too. Finally , can you resolve it? Thanks in advance.