cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

/RestoreRoutingRule CLI for Unity Connection

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am consolidating several unity 7.2 servers into Unity Connection 8.5.

I have hundreds of routing rules which are in use today which I need to recreate on the Unity Connection server.  I read in  the COBRAs help that I can run the CLI /RestoreRoutingRules to restore the routing rules which is what I would like to test.

In the COBRAS tool, I can not modify the path name of the backup to include the /RestoreRoutingRules so am just wondering how I do this?  If someone can provide a reference or direction on where / how I do this, it would be most helpful.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by " I can not modify the path name of the backup " - you don't need to - when you run the COBRASImportForConnection.exe, you pass the "/RestoreRoutingRules" option on the command line.  So in other words you can open a command box on your Windows machine where you installed import, go to the directory where you installed it (by default C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\COBRAS\COBRAS Import for Connection\) and run the tool like this:

COBRASImportForConnection /RestoreRoutingRules

it'll then offer you the option to include routing rules in your restore (a seperate wizard page will be displayed during the import for this).

You can also add the CLI option via the desktop shortcut if you'd rather but I usually just open a command box for such things.

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the clarification