Views
Helpful
Replies

Restrict administrative rights to helpdesk operators

seetharaman_a
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using Unity 4.0.3 as a voicemail server. We do not want to share the administrator password with the helpdesk operators. We need to create a separate account with only the rights to add/delete voicemail accts and reset the password.

Need help in achieving this.

Thx...

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the helpdesk operators subscribers on the system? If so the easiest way to do this is to assign their subscriber accounts to a COS that has the administration rights you want - you can check the rights they have on the "system access" page of the Class of Service page in the SA.

If they are not subscribers you can create a single subscrier account on the Unity server, assign them to a COS that has the rights setup the way you want them and then use GrantUnityAccess to map the help desk folk's domain/login information to the account (multiple help desk folks can be mapped to the same subscriber for Unity system access no problem). This way they don't have to use a seperate login/PW to get at the SA. You can also apply this to multiple Unity servers in the company if that's appropriate.

Hi,

I have a dedicated unity server running Exchange 2000 in a separate domain. I have now created a helpdesk operator subscriber and assigned the relevant rights using COS.

I would like to know how to use the GRANT Unity Access command to create a login id for the operator. Also would the url for login continue to remain the same as http://ip-address/saweb

Hi -

1. From your Unity server, open Cisco Unity Tools Depot

2. Click on the + sign on Diagnostic Tools to expand the folder

3. Double-click on Grant Unity Access. This opens a command window on your Unity server.

4. Help is displayed on how to code the command. Basically you want to enter:

GrantUnityAccess -u domain\userid -s subscriber

where domain/userid is the domain/userid where your Help Desk Operator's AD account resides and subscriber is the alias of the subscriber you voicemail enabled on your Unity server for the Help Desk Operator.

We are running 4.0(3) and the website is defined as http:///web/sa OR IP address as you mentioned in your post.

Sincerely,

Ginger