cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resync all in 3.1(5)

paulclilverd
Level 1
Level 1

We have a small issue when we resync all subscribers manually on Unity 3.1(5).

When the AV_Notifier service runs at 01.01 (configured time) each morning it takes less than 10 mins to resync all subscribers mailboxes. However if we start the same process during the day it takes up to 8 hours?.

I would imagine that due to workload on the servers during peak hours it will take longer, but up to 8 hours longer?.

The set up is Unity 3.1(5), Exchange 2k off-box and 800 odd subscribers.

My questions are

1) Is the default resync each evening doing exactly the same as a resync started manually?. I presume it is but would like to get it confirmed.

2) Are there any traces we can watch to see what is going on exactly?.

This is my first post so please be gentle......

Thanks

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Chatted with the core folks about this a bit. Yes, the synch methods are the same when you do it manual and scheduled.

They wanted to know what type of MWI method is involved here (i.e. what's your switch integration). Do you have dedicated ports for MWI (assuming this isn't a serial switch integration)? If you have MWI ports setup to take inbound calls and during the day those ports are getting hit with calls its entirely possible that port contention issues would cause a complete sync to take much, much longer than at night when all MWI defined ports would be free. It could also be the MWI attempts are failing (i.e. the switch in question is busy during the day).

You can turn on the Notifier/Resync diagnostics in the Unity Diagnostic Tool (found in the tools depot on your desktop) in the micro traces section - this will show you which users are being synched at any given time and the results of the dialout.

The switch integration is CallManager 3.2.

There are currently 32 ports in use, 1 - 16 dedicated to answer calls, 17-32 are configured to answer calls, Dail Out MWI and message notification.

Thanks for the info re Ujity diagnostic tool, I will also turn on Status monitor to see how heavy the load is on the ports during the resync.

Thanks for your help, and looking forward to the book!.