cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SA Error Message

pjt8537
Level 1
Level 1

Running Unity 4.0(3) SR1. Most administrators have no problem getting to the SA screen through the web, however, a few get this error.

Missing live session flag.

For some reason, /web/global.asa did not fire.

Check that this file is present.

This problem could also be related to DNS issues.

Cannot continue.

Any ideas where to look for the fix to this. I have already tried making the Unity server a trusted site, which didn't help, and also checked to make sure that the appripriate script permissions under the security settings were correct.

Thanks,

Paul

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By default, only 5 sessions are allowed for SaWeb. If the admins close the IE instead of clicking on the Log Off button, then the session will take 20 minutes to timeout. I think the number of sessions is your problem if you can tell me that the same admins can get in later.

Check this doc for increasing the number of SaWeb sessions.

Cisco Unity SA Web Access Denied Due to Too Many Open Sessions http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008011a7e5.shtml

If the admins can get in by ip but not hostname, then it's a dns issue. You could try putting the hostname into the hosts file and see if that helps but it's not a good permanent solutions. You will have to fix the DNS issue. Do you have an underscore in the Unity server name?

H. M.

Thanks! It appears to be a DNS issue as the IP worked. Why would some work and not others if the DNS was not resolving?

Thanks again!

Paul

DNS name resolution is on the client level. The computers that the admins are on cannot resolve the name. I don't know the full details so it can be any number of things.

H. M.

Their shortcut was wrong.

When bookmarking, re-edit the bookmark, and remove everything after /web/sa/