cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SAWEB Password prompt sometimes wont accept login

bradwelch
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Unity 4.0(3) VM only sytem that sits in its own domain. Users of SAWeb report that they can login to SAWeb using IE initially but they cant get the media master control bar login prompt to accept their logins so the hit cancel and everything works fine for a while. Then, randomly another login prompt box pops up and won't accept the users login and they say they have to exit SAWeb. Is there a security right that SAWeb requires for an account to login the media master control bar? Or perhaps this has nothing to do with the MMC bar.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

phnowicki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Curious if you ever found a resolution to your issue. I have the same issue at two of my customers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

We have this problem as well. What I have tracked down so far is that since the applet runs local to your PC when it runs it sends your local credentials to the Unity Server on load. Obviously if you are on two different domains this fails. The Event Log confirms this. The interesting part is the fact that you can try any username/password you want on the login prompt and no matter how many times it rejects you it never shows it in the Security Log in Event Viewer. If I had to guess it would be a bug in Media Master that doesn’t properly impersonate with the credentials you supply.