Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up initial jabber-config.xml

jpremonics
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've taken it upon myself to enable persistent chat rooms within the company I work for and to try and make Jabber a better tool for the company overall since I feel it's heavily under utilized.

I've done all of the pre-requisite work and configured everything (I believe but haven't been able to test).

I'm stuck on the very last step which is to update the jabber-config.xml file with <Persistent_Chat_Enabled>true</Persistent_Chat_Enabled> 

The company never initially set up a jabber-config.xml file on the TFTP server since jabber wasn't used during initial configuration.

I want to test my jabber-config.xml file by making it for a specific user (jabber-config-usera.xml)

I'm on CUCM 11.5 and in cisco documentation there should be a field Cisco Support Field under the Product Specific Configuration Layout but it's not there.

Is there an alternate way to apply a user specific jabber-config file?

Please let me know if I'm asking in the wrong location or if I need to provide additional information.

Thank you!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No other way, you're on the right track, I'm on 11.5.1.16900-16 and I see it in every kind of Jabber device, it's at the bottom of the settings page.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Are you selecting a CSF, TAB, BOT or TCT device?

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No other way, you're on the right track, I'm on 11.5.1.16900-16 and I see it in every kind of Jabber device, it's at the bottom of the settings page.

HTH

java

What do I do if it's literally not there, or am I in the wrong place? I thought it was Device -> Phone -> select specific end users device I want to apply to.

Are you selecting a CSF, TAB, BOT or TCT device?

HTH

java

ahhhh - no it was SEP devices I was looking at.

Thank you for the assistance, I took a look at a few BOT devices and found it!