Views
Helpful
Replies

[SOLVED] Different custom file depends on each device type

uma611
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just read release note for Collaboration Endpoint 9.x and learned how to push custom configuration on a new registered endpoint using customization provisioning field.

There are several types of devices like SX10 to Roomkit Mini, and I would like to apply different custom file depends on each device type.

On Cisco UCM I can search by device type, so I thought there might be a way to apply custom file all at once.
Looked up on Google and I found BAT thing, which likely be the way I'd like to do, I'm not sure about it though.

Does anyone know how to do it?
I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions you might have. 

thanks.

3 Replies 3

jason-mcgee
Level 3
Level 3

I am not completely sure on what you are asking, but I think you want to set up custom templates for each phone type you might use. You can do that under Bulk Administration >>> Phones >>> Phone Template >>> Add New. There you will get to select each type of phone you may use.

Hopefully that is what you were asking.

Thanks for the reply

What I exactly would like to do is this partcustomization provisioning.JPG

by specifying this, macro, in-room control and other config and so on, can be applied to Telepresence device

Environment is like this:

System name : BuildingA / Office A

Device : SX20

customization file I'd like to apply : SX20.zip

System name : Building D / Room B

Device : Roomkit

customization file I'd like to apply : Roomkit.zip

System name : BuildingD / Office F
  Device : SX20

customization file I'd like to apply : SX20.zip

... this goes like for 150 devices registered to CUCM.

I have to enter file name and hash for each device, bit troublesome...

so I thought there might be the way to set a rule like SX20.zip for SX20, Roomkit.zip for Roomkit, and so on.

I'm gonna look into Phone Template setting.

uma611
Level 1
Level 1

Solved:

What I did was select Bulk Administration > Update Phones > query (not sure about words and phrases since I use in Japanese)

and filter devices by device type, set customization file and hash to get it done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: