cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speechview thoughts

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

I have a demo lab setup and decided we wanted to try Speechview since it is a feature that we never really use.  My question is, can you use Unity Connection in itself to receive the message, transcribe it,  and then view it via the web portal?  All the documentation for the standard edition points to Exchange which isn't a problem but I wanted to see if you could do it with just unity connection.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you do have to setup the email connection to the Nuance service - the transcription itself doesn't happen on the Unity Connection server so in that sense you can't do it with just the Unity Connection server.

But the transcription text (when it's received back) is attached to the message - it does show up in the web inbox as well (i.e. you don't need an 3rd party viewer like Outlook to see it) if that's what you were getting at.

I was under the impression Unity did everything and just handed it off with the standard version.  The Pro level was the one I knew had the best accuracy and required a bit more configuration.  I will take another look at the install guide then.