cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Standard Local Route Group across cluster

iMarkJavier
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to create an sLRG that is on another cluster?

Use case: a business unit in Asia cluster is primarily working with customers in the Americas cluster. For this group, I want to set their sLRG to a gateway in the Americas cluster.
I'm thinking of advertising ESNs 8123! that points to the gateway but I can't figure out how to make it as an sLRG in the Asia cluster

4 Replies 4

No that is not possible.

Response Signature

The only way you could perhaps do that would be to put the inter-cluster SIP trunk of the other cluster in the LRG. Then you could assign the LRG in the other cluster to the device pool of the incoming inter-cluster trunk. There are some CSS issues that you would have to work out as well. That assumes that there aren't other thing using the LRG for the inter-cluster trunk.

Is it an acceptable solution if I configure the gateway on both clusters?

I would say yes. You will have to have dial peers or add the additional clusters as trusted IP addresses for the gateway to accept calls from an additional source. You absolutely CAN configure that. If there is some organizational policy (security or call routing preference) that says you SHOULDN'T is a different question, and not one anyone but you can answer.