ATTENTION: We are currently working an issue with posting. Thank you for your patience while we work on a resolution.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscriber Information Dump request

jwtadmin
Level 1
Level 1

The current version of subscriber information dump is a fantastic tool!! However there is 1 mod that would make it even greater, the ability to rename the spoken name files that get copied to the output directory.

I am trying to get the spoken name attributes loaded into DCD so that PA's auto attendant app will be able to access them. There is a utility called SpokenNameBulkUpload.bat that will upload the wav files to DCD so long as the name of the wav file is the same as the userid of the user.

Our DCD usernames are extension our unity usernames are firstnamelastname, a stupid decision made by our integration partner.

If subscriber information dump would allow us to rename the files to primary extension, our problem would be solved. I could run the unity sub dump nightly and the SpokenNameBulkUpload nightly and all would be glorious!

If I had the current build code that would work too as I could make the mods to the app myself.

Thanks for your help!

John Turner

Brandeis University

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See everyone? _That's_ how you ask for a feature...

Sure, I can add that. I'll see if I can get that today. I'll probably just add an additional item for output as "Voice name named with primary extension" or something, rather than changing the existing behavior.

OK, version 4.0.16 has this feature in it now - there are two seperate "voice name" options - one that kicks out the classic alias based file name and one that will kick out the primary extension as the file name instead. You can select one or the other or both (both will just kick out two seperate files which would be odd but perfectly legal).

this should do what you want. You'll find it on its home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/APP_subr_info_dump_3x.htm

Hey Jeff,

FYI I just grabbed the latest version and it will export the extension .wav files only if you have both voice name wave file ALIAS and EXTENSION checked. If I just click the Extension Wav file and Primary extension, it won't export the wav files. It only creates the CSV files.

This worked well enough because I can delete all the .wav files that aren't extensions but I figured you'd want to know.

Thanks again for being a great asset to all of us Unity users. You Rock!

Nick

hmmmm... it doesn't do that on my test box here - I'll take a closer look at see if I can tell what's going on.

Thanks Jeff!

OK - figured it out. I botched the resource string packaging (those goofy looking xxx_ENU.DLL type files) - so on my local box it was fine since I have the right ones but on yours it was not correct - so it'd only do the voice name dump if you had the old alias one checked.

Regardless, I fixed it in 4.0.18 which I posted here a few minutes ago:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/APP_subr_info_dump_3x.htm

give that one a whirl.

You are the best Jeff!!