Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscriber System transfer with FAC enabled

jagadishs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We recently upgraded our unity server to 4.0(5).This is integrated with CCM 4.1(3)

We have configured Subscriber system transfer where in users call from home to reach subscriber system tranfer prompt on Unity,enter there id,password & than dial international PSTN calls.

Problem - Above setup is working fine without Forced Authorisation code(FAC) enabled on CCM.But when I enable FAC on CCM,I am unable to make calls through Subscriber system transfer on Unity.I continuosly hear a music on hold when I dial the international PSTN number & it does not give a beep to enter the FAC code.

Can Subscriber system transfer & FAC work together.If yes what needs to be configured.

Regds

Jagadish

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just chatting with the media guys on this - the problem is when we do a release transfer, the transfer does not complete until the FAC is entered (i.e. we can't release the call so the user can hear the tone and take action). As such, Unity would have to know the number to dial, know to listen for the tone and then enter the FAC and _then_ it could release the call to the user.

Unfortunately this work has not been done on the Unity side of the fence so this isn't going to work.

It might be possible to hack something such as allow the caller to enter "pause" digits (i.e. using "*") and enter the number to dial, some *s then the FAC which Unity would dial all as one string - presumably if the timing is correct it'll go through - but I can't say with any certainty this will fly having never tried it myself - it's not the cleanest solution for this anyway.

A workaround might be to create route patterns that do not use FAC and are in a Partition that is only dialable from Unity voicemail ports. Then use Subscriber System Transfers to access these. The Subscriber System Transfers require authentication so they should offer the same protection as your route patterns using FAC.

-Eric

As a side note, I updated the subscriber system transfer script to allow you to enter "*"s that get converted into ","s in the dial strings (half second pauses) - if you want to try this with your FAC setup, email me and I'll shoot you the script - it can be dropped on without restarting Unity.

Hi Eric, your suggestion is implemented on my customer site now as a workaround for FAC/CMC not working with MGCP/H.323 Gateway to PSTN/PABX. The new issues come from how to collect CDR for the calls after authentication using "subscriber system transfer". Please help...

Matthew Lee