cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

System Call Handler - Send to VM of different user

KaraBrake1214
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having issues figuring out how to setup a call handler to route calls as needed.  

I have a system call handler set up with options to go to user extensions like this, 

Option 1: Route calls to User with extension 1111, if no answer, route calls to user with voicemail box 1111

Option 2: Route calls to User with extension 2222, if no answer, route calls to user with voicemail box 1111

Option 3: Route calls to User with extension 3333, if no answer, route calls to user with voicemail box 1111

How do i make the caller end at user with voicemail box 1111,  when selecting option 2 or 3?    

4 Replies 4

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can achieve this with following steps:

1. Configure your CUCM to directly transfer call to voicemail using the procedure mentioned in this link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unity-connection/213808-configure-direct-transfer-to-unity-conne.html 

2. Configure Call Forward No Answer on extension 2222 and 3333 to *1111. This will re-direct the call to voicemail inbox of 1111.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

That assumes you don't want extensions 2222 or 3333 to have their own mail boxes, and if that's the case an alternative would be to put 2222 and 3333 as Alternate Extensions for mail box 1111 in Unity Connection.

If you do want 2222 and 3333 to have their own individual mail boxes for other purposes then we need to rethink.  

Yes, the extensions will need to have their own mail boxes.  The only time a VM needs to be left elsewhere is when the call is handled by the system call handler.

In that case, you can create separate Hunt Groups and Hunt Pilots for each extension. In Call Handler, specify the hunt pilot numbers and then you can configure hunt pilot to forward no answer to voicemail inbox of 1111.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.