Views
Helpful
Replies

To send a wav file as voicemail in Unity 4.0.4

freddyandrews
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We need to send a pre-recorded audio .wav file as a voice mail to multiple Unity subscribers. We have created a distribution list comprising of all the subscribers involved for this purpose. But is unable to figure out any options to attach/send the .wav file to the members in the list.

Unity 4.0.4 + MS exchange 2003

Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Fred.

4 Replies 4

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You could try making a call handler named after the Distribution List and make the message recipient the Distribution List you made. You can't really attach a pre-recorded file. Unity doesn't work that way. You have to record it via a phone. It would be best to create the above Call Handler, call into the Unity main greeting, dial by name the call handler and play the wav file into the telephone from a speaker. Once you record the message from the phone into Unity and hang up, it will deliver the message to the Distribution List since it is the assigned recipient. Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks!

Tray

Hi Tray

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. Not sure if my client will approve of this method. But it seems to be the only option around.

Cheers

Fred.

Using the Cisco Unity web based inbox in the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant (CPCA), or Viewmail for Microsoft Outlook (VMO) you can paste a wav file into the message, and addresss the message to the distribution list.

You are totally correct. I tested this in my lab. Unity Inbox in the CPCA is the way to go!

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: