Views
Helpful
Replies

CME - Busy lamp field for a phone rather than a line

ccpagel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need a config on CME that will provide a busy lamp field if any line on a phone is busy on a multi-line phone i.e. the phone is busy.

The customer is using 7931 phones and uses the first 8 line buttons. The first for their DDI and another 7 or so for shared DDI lines.

They want to use the remaining buttons as BLF. The problem is I can only configure a BLF to monitor another line rather than for the phone itself. I have come across other PBX's which can do this.

Does anyone have an idea how this requirement could be achieved?

Thanks,

Chris

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

I think as of now Busy lamp is based on the phone only. To enable Busy Lamp Field (BLF) monitoring for a speed-dial number on a phone registered to Cisco Unified CME, use the blf-speed-dial command in ephone or voice register pool configuration mode. To disable BLF monitoring for speed-dial, use the no form of this command.

I logged a Cisco TAC Case, details below.

Problem Description:

==================

You would like to configure the BLF in such a way that it is on when any line on the watched SCCP phone is busy - i.e. when the phone itself is busy.

Action plan:

==========

If the problem description is correct, you can configure this behaviour using 'w' separator in the button assignment. For example, in this

configuration:

Ephone 1

button 1:3 2:4

Ephone 2

button 1w3

The button 1 on ephone 2 will indicate 'busy' if any line on ephone 1 is busy (1w3 means: configure button 1 as BLF for the phone that the primary extension is ephone-dn 3). This feature is available in the CME version you are running.

For further description, please have a look at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_b1

ht.html#wp1021630

Regards,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: