Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Patterns

Hi All,

I've some troubles to configure a translation pattern as requested by the customer. In fact, we are migrating a customer to the Cisco IPT infrastructure. For the moment, they use a Nortel CS PBX - great

Well in the Nortel world, they have a feature called SYSPEED... You push on a button, you enter a code and a number will be called.

This is easy to configure by using for instance translation patterns. Now the complicated part, sometimes they have codes which refers to a root number. The user has to complete the code with the right extension of the person who he has to call.

Well to be more technical:

User A wants to call user B (who is on another site - so external call) - the code is *0001437 so it will call 0254825 (root) prepend with 437, so finally 0254825437. This is not so complicated to put in place!

Translation Pattern: *0001.XXX
Discard digits: PreDot
Called Party Transform Mask: XXX
Prefix: 0254825

My question to you! How can I prepend n digits without knowing the length... Like *0001.! (for the translation) and something like ! in the called party transform mask.

Thanks,

Martin Schoonbroodt
Dimension Data Luxembourg

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can leave the Called Party Transformation Mask field blank and it will keep all remaining digits not removed by DDI.

To continue your example:

Translation Pattern: *0001.!
Discard digits: PreDot
Called Party Transform Mask:
Prefix: 0254825

Thanks for the information.

I tested it and it seems to match with my requirements.

Adi :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: