Views
Helpful
Replies

UC Jump from 7.1.5 to 9.1

Caleb Adepoju
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends,

I am skeptical about the outcomes of doing a JUMP from CUCM versions 7.1.5 on an MCS  server to 9.1 on a virtualized platform. I have a pub and 2 subs and I understand how to go about it. My question is, do I need to purchase Licenses for versions 8.6 and 9.1 or download free from cisco site without license hassles?

For any one that has done this before, what SKUs do you think I will need to migrate successfully with a DLU of 2800 on the MCS publisher?

I have sent similar to cisco licensing emails without  response.

Thanks in anticipation.

NB

Below is my self compiled SKU for the migration, Please point out if something is amiss

SKU                                         Description                                                                                           Qty

BE6K-ST-BDL-K9=             Cisco BE6000 UCS C220M3 MD Sr                                                    3
CON-SCAN-BE6KSTBD    SC ADV 8X5XNBD Cisco BusinessEdition 6000 UCS Srv 9.0        3
CAB-9K10A-UK                   Power Cord                                                                                               3
R-CBE6K-K9                         Cisco Business Edition 6000-Electronic SW Delivery-Top Level      1
CON-ESW-RCBE6KK         ESSENTIAL SW Cisco Business Edition                                             1
BE6K-SW-10.X                    Cisco Business Edition 6000 -Software Version 10.X                         1
BE6K-UCL-ENH                   Cisco Business Edition 6000 -Enhanced User Connect License     975
CON-ESW-UCMENHUC    ESSENTIAL SW BE6K UCM 10X Enhanced                                      975
UCSS-U-6K-ENH-1-1         BE6K - UCSS for Enhanced User- 1 Year - 1 User                              975

1 Reply 1

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Caleb,

So you can essentially perform the jump upgrade from 7.1.5 to 9.1 without the licensing being purchased and I believe there is a 60 day grace period before some functionality is taken away.  With 9.1 enters the adoption of ELM (enterprise license manager) and the conversion of DLU's to UCL's or CUWL licensing depending on your situation.  There is a User Count Tool available via CCO that you can use to calculate the conversion and the amount needed.  You will then have to open a TAC case and work with them on the exact amount of licensing needed for your environment.

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony