cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC Migration Week: Ask the Experts

hcaldwel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Join UC experts online to ask question about UC migration and refresh the week of June 22-26.  Mark you calendars!

UC Meet the Experts pre event banner.jpg

* As a CCP member, make sure you are subscribed to all boards (discussions, documents, blogs, videos, and events so you always get the latest information from the program.
4 Replies 4

DJ4020
Level 1
Level 1

Just looking to find out how to participate on these this week. May not join all of them but curious how to? ? ? Also what time are these going to done.

Hi David!

All you need to do to participate is simply ask a question in the discussion forum, just like you did for this one! And a UC expert will respond. Note that each day of the week we are focusing on different topics:

Monday – Unified CM Migration

Tuesday – VCS to Unified CM Migration

Wednesday – Video Infrastructure Refresh

Thursday – Phones Refresh

Friday – Video Refresh

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Heather

* As a CCP member, make sure you are subscribed to all boards (discussions, documents, blogs, videos, and events so you always get the latest information from the program.

Heather,

Thank you for the information. .

pdeppers
Level 1
Level 1

If it is Tuesday, it must be VCS to CUCM day!  Hello everyone, my name is Paul Depperschmidt.  I am Manager of Business Development in the Collaboration Business Unit.  A particular specialty in my efforts is helping everyone understand the possibilities when moving customers from VCS to CUCM.  It is not simply a rip and replace proposition.

We will typically see 3 types of customers in this situation - and we have some answers for all three......

Customers who are ready to move everything from VCS to UCM - a migration discussion

We have programs ready to offer the replacement of VCS based licenses to the equivalent CUCM license at no       charge

Customers who have a VCS Video system and are not ready to fully move to CUCM

We have a Collab Now program that allows them to purchase the VCS Hardware to VCS Virtual migration license at       95% off when purchased with a BE6K.  This provides a system that functionally works exactly like the one they have,        but also offers the ability to sell them DX video products and Jabber by trunking in the CUCM based systems to VCS

Customers who may have a small amount of H.323 based video endpoints, but no Call Manager

We have a VCS gateway program that offers basic VCS components for only $500 when purchased with a Personal license starter pack such as CUWL or CUWL Pro.

Please take a look at our section in Drive to Collab for specifics on all of these offers.  Cisco Systems

We are happy to help with any questions you may have.  Happy VCS-UCM day!