Replies

UCCX 8 Agents bouncing off & on Chat Window

Barry Richey
Level 1
Level 1

hi there,

have a new UCCX installed running version 8.0.2.10000-41

agent desktop version is 8.0(2)

the clients can all login fine the scripts are working perfectly everything in that respect is running well the only issue i am having is specifically with the agent software

we are experiencing an issue where all the agents in the chat window keep appearing then dissapearing 

the issue is similar to this thread https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/272099

i have disabled the windows firewall and there is no other anti virus software on the machines but the issue is still present

i have opened up the firewall (Juniper) completly which these clients sit behind and the issue still persists

the UCCX is remote so i have even tested it from another connection behind a Cisco router with the Firewall completly down

i have also restarted the following services under the serviceability section

Cisco Desktop LDAP Monitor Service

Cisco Desktop Sync Service

Cisco Desktop Call/Chat Service

Cisco Desktop Browser and IP Phone Agent Service

this has still not resolved the issue

i have tried installing the client on windows xp machine and windows 7 again the problem is still present

i took to using wireshark on a machine which has the client installed the only thing which looked out of place was that i could see some malformed packets specifically

SMPP bind_reciever[MALFORMED PACKET]

SMPP is the messaging service for SMS i believe so i dont believe this is relevant but i do continually see these malformed packets in the wireshark dump

having exhausted google and changing everything anyone has suggested on this matter i have hit a brick wall so any suggestion would be greatly recieved

thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Barnaby,

I have seen many partners complaining about these services ( ) in the base version of 8.0(2), please try to upgrade this to the latest SR in 8.0(2) SU4 and see if it helps to come out of this issue.

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/280840578/62316/UCCX802Su4rn.pdf

Hope it helps,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts!!