cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM App Client - Download and Install doesn't start when Initialized from DX650

Lamar Demby
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had any luck pushing apk installer files to the Cisco DX650 IP Phone with Android OS?  I'm hosting the apk installer file from a standard Windows file server as a mime type .apk and able to manually download the file to the DX650 via the browser.  However, when attempting to initiate the install from UCCM ver 8.6 via the UCM App Client on the DX650, the installer does not initialize and nothing happens.

I followed this doc when setting up:  http://developer.cisco.com/web/dx600/community/-/blogs/pushing-applications-to-your-dx650

The apk file is vmware view client and the file location is published to the DX650 as an IP Phone Service in UCCM.  The DX650 is running the most recent version of firmware.

Any additional insight/tips would be most appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Lamar Demby
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone else tried anything like this and have it working?  Just trying to figure out if I'm missing simple or running into a common problem.  When looking at pcaps, I can see traffic between UCCM and the phone but nothing between the phone and the file server.  There is no firewall between the phone, UCCM, and the file server.

Did you have any luck with this? We have a need to push Google Chrome browser to about 350 DX650s.

Unforntunately, no.  Had to move on to other projects and never got back to working on this.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

I am trying to the push the VMWare Horizon Client apk to a DX650.

After enable the UCM App and adding a service to point to a URL, I see the app in UCM but can not do anything with it.

Any help would be appreciated.