Views
Helpful
Replies

Confusion between max # of users and # devices sepported

Nizam.Ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

Would anybody clear me the relation between "Maximum No. of users" and "No of Devices supported" in cucm be6000.

I'm looking forward your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Nizam Ahmed

6 Replies 6

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ahmed,

Max number of users would be 1000 for BE6000M /BE6000H and "No. of Devices supported" would depend on licenses u  are purchasing which would support multiple devices.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/business-edition-6000/qa_c67-703226.html

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Thanks for your reply.

If I'm not wrong, here users means IP phone users. So "Max number of 1000 users means Max number of 1000 IP phone users". But I'm not clear about "Devices". Does it mean IP phone user, IM user etc?

Regards

Nizam Ahmed

From BE6000 11.0 data sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/business-edition-6000/data_sheet_c78-717454.html

Cisco BE6000 platforms are built on virtualized Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS®) products, which are designed for performance and density over a wide range of company sizes and business workloads. There are three models:

BE6000H: Supports eight collaboration application options plus one for provisioning in a single virtualized server platform; maximum capacity of 1000 users, 2500 devices, and 100 contact center agents. Ideal for medium to large-scale end-to-end collaboration deployments (See Figure 1).

BE6000M: Supports four collaboration application options plus one for provisioning in a single virtualized server platform; maximum capacity of 1000 users, 1200 devices, and 100 contact center agents. Ideal for medium-scale end-to-end collaboration deployments.

BE6000S: Supports five fixed collaboration applications in a single integrated router/gateway/virtualized blade server platform; maximum capacity of 150 users and 300 devices. Ideal for small-scale “office in a box” collaboration deployments (See Figure 2).

Hi Nizam,

the maximum number of users that can be configured is 1000 .Now, suppose if one user has more than one device associated to him , then, that would mean number of devices is 1200 for BE6000M.

like Enhanced UCL can have one device per user , Enhanced Plus UCL  can have two devices per user and with CUWL Standard license we can have max. 10 devices per user.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Many thanks for your clarification.

I've another query,would you please help me to find the part no. of CME for making BOM. In CME 10.5 datasheet there is no the part no. I've got.

Regards,

Nizam Ahmed

Hi Ahmed,

you need to have the PArt Codes FL-CME-SRST-5, SW-CCME-UL-ENH and select the router model like C3925-CME-SRST with latest IOS image so that u can get latest CME version.

this is what I can share.

regds,

aman