cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCON Opening Greeting Language

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have UCON 8.6.2aSU1 where want to ensure that the opening greeting is played in EN-United Kingdom language and keep the “Inherit Language from Caller” on the call handler. Right now I hear the UCON lady in English-US, if I change the setting on the CH to be hard coded to EN-United Kingdom I hear British voice. I changed the system default language to EN-United Kingdom under general configuration. Does anyone know how to ensure EN-United Kingdom is the default for all arriving calls?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris,

Did you upgrade from a prior version of Connection?  I've had various issues with 8.6 prior to SU1 and languages.  Are you running HA and possibly rolling to a secondary that is missing the language cop files?

If your default system language is EN-UK as you say, and nothing in the call's path is configured with a hard coded language of something else, EN-UK should rule out.  In the case of pressing the msg button from the phone with no mailbox, the only thing in the path would be the Opening Greeting.  If it is set to inherit, then the default system language should be the only option. Decision tree would be Opening Greeting language setting, and if none, either Inherit or Default system should both look to the general configuration setting.  If you were a known subscriber and say you hit *** to back out of your mailbox to the Opening Greeting, then the decision tree would be "Opening Greeting's inherit setting>inherit from language of the referring call handler (your mailbox) and if you were EN-US, then you should hear EN-US."

Did you try resettting the conversation manager after changing the default system language?  I can't remember if that is required, but I'm betting you already rebooted.

Back to my upgrade theory...if you did happen to do so, did you ensure that you got the new SU1 langauge files as well?

More questions than answers, sorry.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

srichardson
Level 4
Level 4

Chris,

This is an old post, so you may have figured this out, but the key is "where are the calls to this CH" coming from?  This depends upon your implementation.  If you have an extension assigned to the CH, then it would likely come from the "Attempt Forward" call routing rule.  If you don't, then it might come from default calls via the default routing rule, or simply from caller input in other call handlers.  The only way to ensure for this this CH that all calls are UK English is to hard code the call handler, as other call handlers might have other languages and if a call arrived from one of those, it's language will follow if inheritance is turned on.  Without more information, it is hard to answer more precisely, but another approach, if you always wanted UK english is to change the system default and ensure that inheritance is enabled absolutely everywhere.

Happy to help directly if you wish to send me a private message.

Stephanie

Stephanie,

Thanks for the response, the post was actually posted yesterday :-)

My default language is EN-UK as set under general configuration. Yet it plays EN-US for default situations, for example if I press Messages from a phone that does not have a mailbox defined in UCON the call goes to the Opening Greeting CH as expected but I hear EN-US, how do I ensure that En-UK is played always as default with using “Inherit Language from Caller”. How does UCON determine the language for this type of a call arriving via default Direct Rule which is also set to "

“Inherit Language from Caller”?

Chris

Chris,

Did you upgrade from a prior version of Connection?  I've had various issues with 8.6 prior to SU1 and languages.  Are you running HA and possibly rolling to a secondary that is missing the language cop files?

If your default system language is EN-UK as you say, and nothing in the call's path is configured with a hard coded language of something else, EN-UK should rule out.  In the case of pressing the msg button from the phone with no mailbox, the only thing in the path would be the Opening Greeting.  If it is set to inherit, then the default system language should be the only option. Decision tree would be Opening Greeting language setting, and if none, either Inherit or Default system should both look to the general configuration setting.  If you were a known subscriber and say you hit *** to back out of your mailbox to the Opening Greeting, then the decision tree would be "Opening Greeting's inherit setting>inherit from language of the referring call handler (your mailbox) and if you were EN-US, then you should hear EN-US."

Did you try resettting the conversation manager after changing the default system language?  I can't remember if that is required, but I'm betting you already rebooted.

Back to my upgrade theory...if you did happen to do so, did you ensure that you got the new SU1 langauge files as well?

More questions than answers, sorry.

Thanks, restarting conversation manager fixed the issue, did not think it was needed, but I guess it makes sense.

Chris