cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to add Emergency Responder subscriber

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

I'm unable to add Emergency Responder subscriber, during install wizard on sub receive error

"Configuration validation with <server name> failed. Configured first node is not a publisher."

I've verified address of publisher is valid, on admin page of sub I've added sub, what's the deal?

since there's no webpage or cli on the subscriber at this point any idea how I'd get logs off the subscriber?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This seems to have started when the hostname was changed. I did a backup and restore to a new host created with the new hostname, I'm able to add the subscriber corrently now.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

First check to make sure the forward and reverse DNS entries for both the pub and the sub are correct. And in that line of thinking, if the CER Pub and Sub are listed by hostname in the CER application, then you have to enter the Pub as a hostname when installing the Sub.

If all of that checks out, put the Sub in the same IP subnet as the Pub (if they aren't already) and try the install again.

If that doesn't work, delete the subscriber from the Publisher, reboot the Publisher, add the Subscriber entry again and try installing it. (I've had to do that one myself.)

If none of that works, it might be time to call TAC.

Maren

Tried all that, hoping tac can help.

This seems to have started when the hostname was changed. I did a backup and restore to a new host created with the new hostname, I'm able to add the subscriber corrently now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: