cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to browse to Unity WebSA

wrkemmer
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.02 voice mail only with Exchange 2000 onbox.

There are several users in the organization who web browse to Unity to do changes. Up until now, they would enter the web address and then an authentication box would pop up in their browser looking for username, password and domain. After entering the information, the webSA would come up.

Starting today, the authentication box DOES NOT come up when they enter the address. Instead, a page with the error "Access Denied. The Windows account [Unitydomain\username] is not associated with a Cisco Unity subscriber....."

It looks like Unity is just trying to pass through the user's local credentials, instead of prompting for the appropriate information in a browser authentication window.

I have a feeling something is messed up with the IIS running on Unity, but I'd love to know why this is happening and if there is a way to fix this without rebooting the box (maybe stop and start WWW service). Nothing has changed in the system that I know of, and the problem occurs with XP as well as Win2k.

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think the issue may be on the desktop due to a security patch that may have been installed. Open IW\Tools\Internet Options. Open Security tab. On the Internet Zone, Click on the "Custom Level" button. The last item there is "LOGON". I'd change that to Prompt User name and password. I'll have to assume that you did not add the unity server into INTRANET ZONE.

H. M.

Hello H.M.,

Actually, I'm using the CCM Publisher to try to web browse to Unity, and I'm getting the same error. I'm sure nothing has changed on either the publisher or on Unity (or on the other desktops). It's as if Unity just decided to do passthrough authentication for all requests to the SA, instead of popping up the authentication window. This seems like a situation where a reboot would solve the problem, but I'm trying not to do that.

Thanks for your help.

bzuniga
Level 1
Level 1

Remove the Anonymous login settings in IIS for the /WEB virtual directory. Stop/Start Default Website.

EJRamstad
Level 1
Level 1

Have you found work around yet? Am having similar problem, but at this point it is only users who have had system upgraded to XP SP1, with latest patches for XP and IE. Have tried several combinations within IE security settings and would appreciate any new ideas, especially if it is an adjustment to Unity. I checked IIS and the only box under directory security authentication methods is windows integration. Thanks!