Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to call an URI with DN

Schpice
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I open this topic to check if someone already add this kind of behavior. CUCM doesn't route SIP calls "DN@domain" even though it got the right CSS and Partition. 

In order you can understand what am I trying to do. I have a deployement with video devices (SX, MX, ...), CMS, TMS and expressways. Calls with CMS, expressway and CUCM are working as designed and I have no issues regarding this but I'm now trying to integrate the scheduling part with TMS.

I have added all my Video equipements in the TMS and I have noticed it didn't synchronize "Directory URI" from the DN of the video devices on the CUCM, TMS synchronized "DN@domain" as SIP URI. First of all I didn't understand why TMS can't retrieve URIs from a DN on CUCM and I don't know if it's possible or not. But during a scheduled meeting with the automatic connect feature, TMS give "DN@domain" to CMS in order to make the call. From CMS and Expressway side, there is no issue because the domain is routed to the CUCM, but CUCM give a "404 not found" as an answer... Initially this should be normal because CUCM doesn't know "DN@domain" then I have added "DN@domain" as additionnal directory URI in the DN of the video equipement but I still receive a "404 not found" from the CUCM. I have checked, the CSS of the SIP trunk to Expressway has correct rights to join the partition of the direcotry URI "DN@domain" and all other SIP URI calls like "room1@domain" is working, it doesn't work only with "DN@domain"...

Then to summarize, I cannot make a call to a SIP URI with "DN@domain" on a CUCM...

I don't know where it could come from.

Did you already have this kind of behavior ?

Thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What is the dial string interpretation policy configure in the SIP profile
assigned to the trunk. Try to select Always treat all dial strings as URI
addresses and see if it works (for testing purpose).

Also Note: If user=phone attribute is included in Request-URI header, the
header will be treated as DN regardless of the interpretation policy

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

What is the dial string interpretation policy configure in the SIP profile
assigned to the trunk. Try to select Always treat all dial strings as URI
addresses and see if it works (for testing purpose).

Also Note: If user=phone attribute is included in Request-URI header, the
header will be treated as DN regardless of the interpretation policy

Hi Mohammed,

Yes correctly pointed. I did encountered the same issue and was resolved by this parameter. 

Thanks 

Aman Chaudhary 

Yes ! it works for me as well

Thank you very much :)