cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to set voice mailbox to a particular user

fmt_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUCM, System version: 11.5.1.13900-52.  We also have Cisco Unity Connection version: 11.5.1.13900-52 for the voice mailbox.

There's a user for whom it's impossible to set a voice mailbox and we are out of idea what went wrong.  Our users are all from Active Directory, thus found by LDAP.

Whenever we try to import this user, it always fails.  And this is the error message:

Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:45:21 PM CEST ERROR importing user (sduvault) : Phone Number or URI input is invalid

I have compared this user with another one -- everything's the same (except the name and number, of course).

I have also compared the devices and directory numbers -- everything's the name (except the name, number and other things that should be different, of course).

I'm running out of idea what went wrong.  Could someone help me please?

17 Replies 17

@AT-| 

Thanks to your reply.

Deleting the AD user account for me is of course not the solution.  Not only is the AD account linked to Exchange mailbox, there are a lot of resources linked to it.

It would have been better if CUCM showed us the error message.  It's a crap not doing so.

Anyway, we have already given up this crap.  So, I don't care anymore.

RachelGomez161999
Spotlight
Spotlight

Set or change your voicemail greeting

You can record a greeting of your own or change one you’ve already created.

Set your voicemail greeting
Open the Google Fi app Project Fi.
In the "Account" tab, under "Phone settings," tap Voicemail and then Manage greeting.
To record your own greeting, tap the Microphone Microphone. You can record up to 40 seconds.
If the app asks for permission to record audio, tap Allow.
Tap Keep to save your greeting or Redo to record it again.
Name your greeting and tap Save.
Set greeting

Change your voicemail greeting

Open the Google Fi app Project Fi.
In the "Account" tab, under "Phone settings," tap Voicemail and then Manage greeting.
Next to the voicemail you want to use, tap the Down arrow Down arrow and then Set as active.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

@RachelGomez161999 

Thanks for your reply.

So, you are telling me that the problem was caused by the voicemail greeting message??  Oh!  That's very unexpected.

However, we have already given up on this crap -- dumped and forgotten forever!  So, there's no way for me to check your suggestion and we do not care anymore.

Nevertheless, I appreciate a lot your reply.