cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 2.4 and 3.1 UM to VM migration

mbell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with both Unity 2.4 and 3.1, currently deployed as UM. They are migrating to Win2k3/E2k3 and want to pull Unity out of their environment and make them VM-only servers. For 3.1, it is my understanding that a DiRT backup can be taken, then rebuild the Unity server as VM then restore the DiRT backup. Am I correct on this?

For 2.4, I am not sure what the process would be. I saw where the Full Database Export/Import tool is available on Answermonkey but Answermonkey said the 2.4-to-2.4 version of this tool is not supported by TAC. Is there any other way to perform this migration?

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there's no supported way to migrate a 2.x system to another 2.x system installation like that.

We'd _strongly_ recommend upgradting that 2.x system - it went end of life and end of support many moons ago. You can build a 4.x system and import the data from the 2.x system into the 4.x system as you want here (not everything comes across - passwords have changed hashign formats and don't come across for instance).