Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.3 work around with domino

ekuvinka
Level 1
Level 1

we are running unity 4.0.3 with notes 6.0.1

the domino server is running 6.0.3

is there a work around to make unity work with domino running notes 6.0.3?

i beleive unity and domino was working together at first then the notes team upgraded to 6.0.3 then we had to reload the unity box and it won't let us because the proper version was not found.

i'm hoping there's some kind of work around because the domino cannot be downgraded to an earlier version. there are too many users on it to shut it down at the present time.

4 Replies 4

tobster
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there is no workaround and still receive support from TAC. We limit the versions of Notes/DUCs/Domino Unity will interact with in a given release for a reason: incompatibilities exist.

The only solution and still receive support from TAC is to uninstall Notes from the Unity box then install a supported version of Notes. Uninstall Notes from a machine is not a big deal. It can be uninstalled from the "add/remove" applet.

After running the "remove" there are a couple other things to do to get it perfectly clean:

1) Delete the Lotus folder(s) from whatever partition(s) Notes was installed onto.

2) Delete the registry key HKLM\Software\Lotus

i have a supported version of notes on unity. its the domino server that has the unsupported version.

so the only way to fix this problem is to install a lower version of notes on the domino server? it currently has 6.0.3

oh, I misunderstood the original question.

Your post implies the problem is the version of Notes installed on the Domino server. I THINK what you mean is the version of Domino now present, namely 6.0.3. Having Notes also installed on the same box as Domino, while not recommended from a Lotus standpoint, is not a problem for Unity. Unity's Syscheck does not do any test for Notes on the machine running Domino.

If you are in fact running Domino 6.0.3, that is not supported by either Cisco TAC or Lotus. The version of DUC you have is not supported for Domino 6.0.3 and Unity 4.0.3 is not qualified for Domino 6.0.3.

One can hack Syscheck to not perform the tests but you would lose any and all support by TAC and the B.U. The soon to be release Unity 4.0(4) is qualified for Domino 6.0.3. You would also need to upgrade to DUC 1.2.2 when it is released.

The Notes team needs to better consider the impact upgrdes have on other systems integrated with their mail servers.

we plan on getting 4.0.4 but for a temporary fix i would like to get these severs working today. i would like to disable syscheck to do it because that is the only option i have available to me. once we get the newer version we will be fully supported with it.