Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(5) Report hyperlink in email gives error

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

Attempting to run Unity reports from SA. Report gets queued; runs successfully; and is then sent to requestor's email. When the user clicks on the hyperlink, the following error is appearing, "Microsoft Office Outlook, cannot find file "\\servername\reports\_servername_date_time.htm. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct." I can log onto the server, see the file and open it successfully.

Unity 4.0(5) +ES17

IE 6.0.2800.1106:xpsp2.0503-1526

Update versions: SP1; Q867801; Q823353

Has anyone seen this before and found a fix before I contact TAC? I checked in the bug toolkit, but did not find anything specific. Thanks so much in advance.

Ginger

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ginger:

On your computer, if you go to START, Run, enter \\servername\reports\_servername_date_time.htm, does it work?

Hi Hinho -

No, I get the same error. I tried with IP address and FQDN, same error.

Thanks, Ginger

if u did \\servername you should see reports-folder. You should be able to open reports folder, and see the contents.

if not, run this command from the command-prompt window net use \\servername\ipc$ /u:unitydomainname\administrator password

from start run, try \\servername again.

Hi Hinho -

Sorry for the delay in responding. I was just able to refocus on this and discovered/corrected the problem. We have 3 Unity servers, each in its own domain. We use an installer account at the root of our AD forest. I checked the Share permissions of the Reports folder and found only the root installer account had Full access and root\Domain Users had Read access. Once I added the appropriate domain\Domain Users Read permissions to each Unity share, we could access Reports by the email hyperlink. Thanks, as always, for your help!

Ginger