cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.04 and Windows 2003 warning...

mdeloach
Level 1
Level 1

We have a couple servers running Unity that for maintenance reasons had Windows 2003 installed from the start.

The Unity install was smooth, and per instructions, we did not use Terminal Services.

After the install was complete we started to manage the servers with the WinXP version of Remote Desktop, and uncovered a problem. If the Remote Desktop application is configured to connect to the

console of the target server, it will highjack the media devices used by Unity. From that point Unity

will try to answer calls and immediately disconnect them.

Re-logging in at the console resolves the problem. Remote Desktop can be used to connect to the Unity server, as long as it is not configured to connect to the console.

This one stumped TAC, so watch out for it. (I did notify TAC as to what I found, but I don't know if it made the knowledgebase)

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Can you please send the case number to kechambe@cisco.com?

Thanks,

Keith

I just ran into this one today. I had to open a case with Cisco as well to get it resolved. The customer had just purchased a 10 user license upgrade and I remoted into their system using the Windows 2003 remote desktop program to install it. Not long after that the client called and said Unity wasn't working. I tried everything I could think of: deleting and readding the voice ports in callmanager, reboot callmanager, stop and start unity services, delete and readd integration with callmanager, reboot unity, upgrade tsp and nothing worked. Finally the client just logged into the Unity server locally and everything just started working again. I guess I learned the hard way. Good info to know now though!