cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity 4.04 call handler outbound time limit extend?

rversluis
Level 1
Level 1

How can the time limit for outbound call handler messages be extended?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to expand the length of the max greeting subscribers can record in their COS on the Greetings page - by default it's set to 90 seconds but can be bumped to 999 seconds (16+ minutes). Is this the length you're looking for or are you asking if you can go _beyond_ 999 seconds for the max recording length?

I found the subscriber outbound greeting in the COS setting, but I am specifically looking to extend the time limit of outbound greeting for Call Handlers, not Subscribers. I don't know of a way to apply a COS to a Call Handler...

Well, how it _should_ work is the greeting time limit for the COS of the subscriber recording the greeting for a call handler is applied - I don't have a 4.x system in front of me to test this on to be sure, but that's how it should work. When you record a greeting for a handler (either via the TUI using the Greetings Administration conversation) or via the SA, Unity knows who you are and, as such, has a handle to the COS object you're associated with so it can pull that greeting length limit from there even if you're not recording your own greeting.

I can't say %100 that this gets applied without testing it out first, though...