cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.04 with exchange 2k Upgrading AD Server Hardware

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

We will be upgrading our active directory servers soon... I know unity is heavily tied into them/ and exchange to work. This is just a hardware upgrade and data will be merged from old servers to new... Anything in particular to pay attention about or that will be required to do?

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

As long as you have Exchange 2000 SP3 and the August post-SP3 rollup installed _on_ the Unity server Unity shouldn't miss a beat. Without the updated MAPI code from Microsoft, if the GC Unity is using to submit MAPI messages goes down, Unity will never completely recover until it has been restarted.

Thanks,

Keith

Thanks Keith.. I think you had recommended these to me from a previous post about a different question.. I am downloading the patches now... Assume its pretty straightforward??... do directly on the unity server, click and follow defaults.. Assuming unity will also need a restart after..

Thanks again!

You have to install the SP3 and SP3-rollup on both the Exchange and Unity servers. Do the exchange first, reboot. Install on Unity, reboot.

It's a straightforward install but always do a backup anyway.