Helpful
Replies

How Mailbox Store Limits work?

chkt1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

*Unity 4.04*

I have configured the "Issue warning" and "Prohibit send/receive" Attributes for All Users in Exchange 2000 system manager. Also, enable the "Full Mabilbox Check Feature and Prompt" for outside callers.

When the mailbox exceeds the maximum size, Unity will play warning messages "Your inbox is full. You cannot send/receive new message...etc" but internal users can still leave voice message to the user's mailbox.

I have already tried to use MSM to set the mailbox limit instead of setting in Exchange System Manager. However, I have got the same result.

Is that a bug? Any idea!

Thanks for help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

This is the way it was designed to work. Internal users will get an NDR back letting them know that they message was not delivered successfully.

What you’re asking for it reasonable but it just isn’t in the product today. You would want to work with you account team to get the feature added.

If you were to disable Identified Subscriber Messaging it you get around this but all users would then be treated as external callers.

Thanks,

Keith

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

This is the way it was designed to work. Internal users will get an NDR back letting them know that they message was not delivered successfully.

What you’re asking for it reasonable but it just isn’t in the product today. You would want to work with you account team to get the feature added.

If you were to disable Identified Subscriber Messaging it you get around this but all users would then be treated as external callers.

Thanks,

Keith

Keith- We are deploying a VM only Unity 4.0(4) system and desire the "mailbox is full" message to be played for all callers (subscriber or outside/non-subscriber) attempting to leave VM for a subscriber that exceeds the storage likits we have set. I have disabled ISM and enabled "Conversation-Full Mailbox Check Feature" as well as "Conversation-Full mailbox Check Prompt". Outside/non-subscribers do recieve the "mailbox is full" message, but callers from subscriber phones do not. Callers from subscriber phones are prompted and able to leave a message, but then receive an NDR. Any workaround?

Thanks,

Kevin Dwyer

Are messages left from subscriber phones marked as being from that subscriber and offer a reply message option for the person you left the message for? Turning ISM should have the message left on behalf of the Unity Messaging System account, not from the subscriber (i.e. they would not get the NDR in that case and the full mailbox check should come into play). If the messages are being left as "from" the subscriber then the ISM is still active.

No, the messages are not marked "from subscriber name" nor is there an option to "reply" to the message. I have verified that ISM is not active, but Unity still allows me to "leave a message" when calling a subscriber with a full mailbox if I make this call from a subscriber phone. Afterwards, I get an NDR. Unity does not allow me to leave a message if I call from a non-subscriber phone.... I get a sys message stating the mailbox is full.

I would like all callers attempting to leave messages for a subscriber whos mailbox is full to receive a message stating "you cannot leave a message, mailbox is full".

Hmmm... that's odd. If the message isn't left from you (as the sending subscriber), how in the world do you get an NDR? I don't even know how that would work... we don't make the NDRs ourselves, Exchange/Domino does - and the only way it would know to send the NDR to the sender would be if it was sent from that user's mail account (which is how we do sub to sub messages).

I guess the from address could be set correctly but the "reply to" address could be forced to clear - seems strange to me, though. I'll ask the conversation guys about it.