cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.1.1 Import Custom .Wav File

dcscuba23
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking into having a company create professional voice recording .wav files for a site. Is it possible in Unity to import customized wav files? All I want to do is have one of these custom files played for a subscriber mailbox greeting. I see where you can import a wav file using Media Master. Would this be the correct method? What codec and parameters have to be met in the wav file for Unity to be able to play it since it was not recorded locally?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, the media master control in the SA (or PCA) would be the way to go about this.

Assuming you are using G711 prompts (default) it's best to have them record it in G711 MuLaw, mono with an 8 KHz sample rate. I'd send the studio one of the prompts from the Unity install so they can roughly match the volume levels. If they do that, it should sound pretty good.

Most problems from this type of thing have to do with studios recording at crazy-high sample rates, in stereo and with a volume cranked up too loud - that's how studios normally work. OBviously playing stuff over the phone is a bit of a different ballgame.

View solution in original post

Hi -

Just another method we've used - especially to re-record changes to existing audiotext applications. We have the recording company call our phone after hours and leave voice mail messages. The files are then recorded by Unity and match the settings of our system. We use the media master form in the ViewMail client to copy to file and upload to the Unity application. The only thing you need to be concerned about this method is your default maximum message length. But you can also, using the media master, append multiple wav files together.

Ginger

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, the media master control in the SA (or PCA) would be the way to go about this.

Assuming you are using G711 prompts (default) it's best to have them record it in G711 MuLaw, mono with an 8 KHz sample rate. I'd send the studio one of the prompts from the Unity install so they can roughly match the volume levels. If they do that, it should sound pretty good.

Most problems from this type of thing have to do with studios recording at crazy-high sample rates, in stereo and with a volume cranked up too loud - that's how studios normally work. OBviously playing stuff over the phone is a bit of a different ballgame.

Hi -

Just another method we've used - especially to re-record changes to existing audiotext applications. We have the recording company call our phone after hours and leave voice mail messages. The files are then recorded by Unity and match the settings of our system. We use the media master form in the ViewMail client to copy to file and upload to the Unity application. The only thing you need to be concerned about this method is your default maximum message length. But you can also, using the media master, append multiple wav files together.

Ginger

Thank you for you assistance. This helps me out greatly!

Excellent. Thank you very much for you help!