cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 40(4) does not forward calls to Subscriber's Greeting

j.mont-louis
Level 4
Level 4

All calls sent to any extension are being forwarded to the Opening Greeting (call handler) when the extension is busy or does not answer. Call Viewer of the Tools Depot shows the correct Dialed Number and the correct Forwarding Station number. I only have the default Call Routing rules setup on the server.

Software: Unity 40(4) with TSP70(4b) and CCM 3.3.4

Thanks

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How sure are you about the call information? Is it being presented as a forwarded or a direct call? Sounds like maybe it's coming in as a direct call. My other guess would be a routing rule configuration issue but if you really haven't touched them (double check - it wouldn't be the first time someone messed with a rule when you weren't looking) that wouldn't be it.

If it's going through the default "AttemptForwardToGreeting" state in the routing rules, all that state does is look for the forwarding number among all extensions for subscribers and call handlers - if a match is found, it goes to that handler, if not it goes to the opening greeting. Not much too it... either it's not coming in forwarded, the forwarding number is not correct, there's no users with that extension assigned to them or another routing rule is in the way - one of those is likely happening...

I am sure about the call information. Here is what I saw in the Call Viewer application:

Origin: internal

Reason: Fwd(ring no answer)

Dialed Number: 7259 (subscriber’s extension)

Forwarding Station: 7259 (subscriber’s extension)

Please note that this is happening to all subscribers.

So I'm assuming this is a new install and it's never worked, correct? It's not like you had it set up and flying and an upgrade or some other change broke it?

No errors in the application event log for inbound calls?

Do direct calls from a subscriber's extension go to the subscriber sign in conversation as they should?

If you have your subscribers configured with the appropriate extension and it's happening to all users my best guess would be a routing rules configuration issue - but with just the info you've provided here there's not much more I can do than speculate. Unity 4.0(4) does not have some major bug were we just stopped routing calls to greetings... there's definitely a configuration issue here.

Yes, it is a new install. Direct calls (and pressing the message button) go to the subscriber sign in. I will check the application event log on Monday. What other information would you need?

Thanks Jeff.