Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 do not play hinerate language

f.gouger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a new unity 7 and he have the french as default language. The problem is that the serveur do not play the french in default but english.

When I listen to the record wav for the default welcome handler, the wav is in english but if I changed it to system, it is the french wav.

How can I fix it?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The opening greeting is just a canned greeting there by default - it's expected you rerecord the opening greeting messages with your own in whatever language you wish (i.e. something that mentions your company name). At install time those objects are created (operator, opening greeting call handler, default distribution lists) - at the time of creation their greetings are set. Changing the language does not change their greetings on the fly any more than changing the language of a user will change their custom recorded voice names and greetings.

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you in fact chose French as the default GUI language during Unity setup then your default database and greetings should have been in French. If you changed the default language after Unity was installed then this is expected.

That said, there is a defect with French "Canadian" installs, where the default database greetings and voice names are actually in English.

If this is the case, you can contact TAC and request non-Unity Patch # 122.

The following defect CSCsx26419 may be referenced. At this time the defect is only viewable by Cisco.

Hi

Thank you for your update. Cisco did send me some wav to correct the situation.

Thanks again!