Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 upgrade to Unity Connection 10.5

crush5454
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We need to complete an upgrade from Unity 7 to Unity Connection 10.5. Note: This is UNITY 7 and not Unity Connection 7. I understand that this will involve using the COBRAS tool to perform the upgrade.

The challenge is that no ESW/UCSS contracts exist, so of course the upgrade will have to be purchased. The upgrade guide for Unity Connection 8.x provides information on the process of migrating from Unity to UCXN however the upgrade guide for UCXN 10.5 does not. My question is whether or not it is possible to upgrade from Unity 7 directly to UCXN 10.5 in order to save from purchasing UCXN 8 (which may not even be possible anymore due to end of sale)?

Any info you may be able to provide to assist with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
You can use the COBRAS tool to take a backup from Unity 7.0 and restore it on Unity Connection 10.5. Consolidated Object Backup and Restore Application Suite (COBRAS) is a set of tools designed to allow administrators to backup all subscribers, call handlers, interview handlers, public distribution lists, and schedules and to restore some or all of that information onto another Unity or Connection server.  It is specifically designed to allow for partial restores, restores onto different versions or products than the version that was backed up, and “merges” of data from multiple system backups.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/Help/COBRAS_Briefcase/COBRAS_Briefcase.htm#_Toc383446481

The link lists support upto Unity Connection 10.0 , but 10.5 is also supported.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

For upgrading to Unity Connection 10.5 you can check the following links

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12218881/unity-connection-upgrade-version-702-1051

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/install_upgrade/guide/10xcuciumgx/10xcuciumg030.html

An upgrade to intermediate version 8.x is required as per the release notes and upgrade guides.

However, you can check with your Account team for media related queries and also email licensing@cisco.com for any license related questions.

HTH

Manish

Thank you for you the info and links; however, one point of clarification to discuss. It appears as though you've given me links for upgrading from Unity Connection 7.0.2. I am looking for info regarding the Windows version of Unity 7 migrating to Linux version of UCXN 10.5. I am finding it extremely difficult to find info on Unity because any searches for Unity bring up documentation for Unity Connection since the names are so similar. I understand that the Unity 7 (NOT connection) version has been end of life for a while now and is quite dated.

Do you have information regarding the procedure to migrate from the Windows 2003 version of Unity 7 to the Linux version of UCXN 10.5.

Hi,
You can use the COBRAS tool to take a backup from Unity 7.0 and restore it on Unity Connection 10.5. Consolidated Object Backup and Restore Application Suite (COBRAS) is a set of tools designed to allow administrators to backup all subscribers, call handlers, interview handlers, public distribution lists, and schedules and to restore some or all of that information onto another Unity or Connection server.  It is specifically designed to allow for partial restores, restores onto different versions or products than the version that was backed up, and “merges” of data from multiple system backups.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/Help/COBRAS_Briefcase/COBRAS_Briefcase.htm#_Toc383446481

The link lists support upto Unity Connection 10.0 , but 10.5 is also supported.

HTH

Manish

Ok, great thank you for the info this is exactly what I was searching for!