cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 1.2(1) which has SCCP ports with CallManager 8.5(1)SU1.

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

For 24 hours I’d like to run Unity Connection 1.2(1) which has SCCP ports with CallManager 8.5(1).  Unity Connection 1.2 isn’t supported anymore, we are migrating to Unity Connection 8.5(1) but I wanted to do CallManager 4x to 8x upgrade the first night, and Unity Connection 1.2 to 8.5 upgrade the second night. All new hardware so using DMA and COBRAS.

I'm not looking for it to be "Supported" just want it to work 24 hours while migrating...

Unity Connection 1.x Compatability Matrix will likely never show CallManager 8.5 since UC 1.x is EoL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/compatibility/matrix/cucsccpmtx.html

Jason Aarons

CCNP/CCDP/CCVP

Consultant

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The primary factor in the integration here for SCCP is the TSP version.  You can verify the version of TSP running on Unity Connection with the procedure noted here:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/1x/release/notes/121sr2ucrn.html#wp37944

It's a Windows box so the procedure is the same as with standard Unity.  Check the properties of AvSkinny.tsp in the \Windows\System32\ folder path.

If you don't care about official support and it's only temporary then I'd say check to ensure that TSP is fairly recent and, if needed, upgrade to the latest release available for install on CUC 1.2(1).  Run a number and tests and make sure 1) things function as expected and 2) you don't get a load of TSP errors in the system/application logs.

Cisco notes that product support is based primarily on testing and since Unity Connection 1.2(1) is outdated and CUCM 8.5(1) is brand new, it's not likely that this combination will be tested anytime soon ... but the TSP compatibility between 8.0 and 8.5 is likely to be similar if not the same.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!