Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.0 integration with Exchange for Unified Messaging

nasim_nasri
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

We have Cisco Unity Connection 8.0  (Voice Mail license only). We want to have Unified messaging support in our environment i.e. to integreate Unity Connection 8.0 to MS exchange.

What I understand , I have the following options

1) Integrate Cisco Unity Connection with Exchange via IMAP client, In that case do I need to buy any license ? Please clarify/confirm

2) To upgrade Cisco Unity Connction 8.0 to 8.5 and then inegrate Unity Connection 8.5 to Exchange.? Can I upgrade from Unity Connection 8.0 to Unity Connection 8.5 without any license? Please clarify/confirm.

3) We can also integate CUCM directly with Exchange to have Unified Messagin support, we don't want this.

Please clarify/confirm the above and suggest if I have any other options to have Unified Messaging support with Unity Connection & Exchange.

Thanks & Best Regards

Muhammad Nasim Nasri

CCIE(Security)#21398

muhammad.nasim@gmail.com

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Answers to your questions:

1) No, you do not need a new license for the IMAP feature but you do need to enable it for Subscribers via Class of Service.

2) No, you do not need a new license to ugprade from 8.0 to 8.5.  The UM license is considered the same/equivalent of IMAP.  See the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/upgrade/guide/8xcucrug009.html

The only option you have to provide UNIFIED MESSAGING is to upgrade to Unity Connection 8.5 and use the "Single Inbox" feature.  IMAP is NOT Unified Messaging, it is Integrated Messaging.  Behavior and end-user experience is different.  In fact, the way Single Inbox works is even different as compared to the previous Cisco UM provided by standard Unity.

D. Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!