cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.03 password reset role

darren.staples
Level 1
Level 1

good day all - Unity Connection 8, can't reset password unless System Administrator

I have assigned the Help Desk Administrator role

however, this account is not able to reset a voice password (PIN) - access denied

this account can do just about anything else though.

even gave this account every role, except System and Remote Administrator - still unable to reset the password

I was able to set the skip password and check force login - then the user was prompted to change password

did the same test in Unity Connection 7.15 and "Help Desk Admin" was able to reset password

**** My mistake, was trying to change a user with system Administrator Privileges,

works fine on regular users, just not ones with admin rights

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Darren,

Greetings for the day !!!!

Can you please help me to create restricted role in cisco Unity....

If you have any url or guide please share it with me.

Thanks in advance !!!!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi Darren,

Greetings for the day !!!!

Can you please help me to create restricted role in cisco Unity....

If you have any url or guide please share it with me.

Thanks in advance !!!!

under the user is the option to provide roles.

choose the appropriate role for the access required for each user.

click help for role descriptions

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your reply !!!!

Is it possible to enable syslog for helpdesk administrator user id? If yes, will it capture all the activity who is doing what in unity.

Please help me here to close the security team concern for this.

Thanks in advance !!!!

I suggest reposting, I am an expert in this area, that is why I was asking questions

cheers

Darren Staples, Cisco Voice Designer

Tel (604) 432-3977 | Cell (604) 209-3395

TELUS - Customer Solutions Delivery

Hi Darren,

As suggested, I have created roles for helpdesk and they are able to reset the password (Voicemail Pin) for end user.

Is it possible to collect the configuration change audit logs (I mean for which etension helpdesk has reset the password) for unity connection version 7.1.3.... Right now I am not able to see any logs related to that configuration changes but could see the successful and failed login attempt.

I have created new discussion for this query (https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2088547).

Thanks in advance !!!!

Hi All,

I have one question related to Helpdesk administrator roles.

Using helpdesk administrator login credential, I am able to reset the system administrator login credential. is there any way to block this thing?