aklyuka30
Level 1
Level 1

I configured mailbox quotas for user mailbox

Send/receive quota is 3 Mgb

Send Quota is 2 Mgb

Warning Quota is 1 Mgb

User mailbox is already 3.5 Mgb

HOwever, when i  call this user from internal or external number - i still can leave a mesage for this user ( i expected system DOES NOT ALLOW to leave any new mesage for this user because his voicemail box is already exceeds Send/receive quota which is  3 Mgb )

Checkbox for option "Full Mailbox Check for Outside Caller Messages"is already checked in

What is wrong in this config ?

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is how send/receive quotas impact things:

Quota Handling for Outside Caller Messages

By default, if an outside caller attempts to send a message to a user whose send/receive quota has been exceeded, Cisco Unity Connection allows the caller to record a message for the recipient. This can be changed by checking the Full Mailbox Check for Outside Caller Messages check box on the System Settings > Advanced > Conversation page.

If the recipient mailbox has not yet exceeded the send/receive quota at the time an outside caller records a message, but the quota is exceeded in the act of delivering the message, Connection delivers the message regardless of the quota or the setting of the Full Mailbox Check for Outside Caller Messages check box.

Quota Handling for User-to-User Messages

If a user whose voice mailbox has exceeded the send quota signs in to Connection and attempts to send a message to another user, Connection indicates that the send quota has been exceeded, and does not allow the sender to record the message. If the user calls another user and is forwarded to a voice mailbox, the user is able to leave a message, but the message is sent as an outside caller message.

If a user attempts to send a message to another user whose mailbox has exceeded the send/receive quota, or if the quota is exceeded in the act of delivering the message, Connection sends a nondelivery receipt to the message sender.

Connection delivers read receipts and nondelivery receipts to users regardless of whether their quotas have been exceeded.

HTH,

Chris